Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hello Third Trimester, Hello Cankles?

At my 24 week diabetes screening, where you have the pleasure of drinking orange cool-aid



on steroids, on an empty stomach, they also do a variety of other screens. Not shockingly (given my poor blood donation history), I was identified as having low iron and prescribed a supplement. 



So at 25 weeks, after a 2.5 hour post-school nap, I picked up my iron tablets and headed home to down




one with a glass of OJ. And at 25 weeks and 2 days I noticed a marked improvement in my energy levels. Then at 25 weeks and 3 days, I scared myself in the shower as I was confronted by the elephantitis state of my right ankle. 

Gigantus Elephantitis of footusGigantus Elephantitis of footusGigantus Elephantitis of footus
Gigantus Elephantitis of footus

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I am not a big believer in "coincidences." 

Now, with only 2 days between me and the THIRD-TRIMESTER, I can only wonder...Are my elephant friends here to stay - a permanent installation in the final march to motherhood? And perhaps more importantly: Will the sexy state of my cankles be admired by my Teach For America peers at the alumni cocktail next week?

3 comments:

  1. Put your feet up as much as you can - it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. before Christie went to the hospital last her ankles looked the same, they said nothing to worry about...fun eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God this has gotten better! They were a little worried when it was only on the one side, but it resolved so I didn't have to get a scan to check for blood clots.

    ReplyDelete